Today is Disney Food Blog founder AJ Wolfe’s birthday. Anyone who has spent any time browsing the our DTR tour pages will know that I harbor a not-so-secret blog crush on the Disney Food Blog. There are just so many things to love – the clean format (white backgrounds rule), endearing tone, constant updates and food pictures. Oh, the food pictures!
I grew up bringing food to the parks, so I blame AJ for alerting me to endless, expensive, lard-loaded noshes available throughout property. While my wallet and waistline wish I’d delete my Google Reader subscription, I feel it is my tour-reviewer duty to keep up with latest happenings in the Disney food-osphere.
As a birthday tribute, here is a collection Disney Food Blog tour-related posts:
- Epcot Twinings Tea Tour - Does anyone know if they offer this tour anymore? I don’t recall reading about it during 2011′s Flower & Garden Festival, but the anglophile in me hopes that it is still around.
- Culinary Tour: Boma and Jiko – Compare this 2009 review with our recent tour coverage to see how little this tour has changed over the years.
- Disney Food for Families Review: Behind the Seeds in Epcot – DFB columnist, Erin Foster, shares her love for my least favorite tour.
- Wild Africa Trek: Snacking on the Savanna – While I don’t look forward to forking over big bucks to do the Wild Africa Trek, I am looking forward to sticking my bamboo fork into these delicious treats.
- Though not technically a tour…I really look forward to taking on the Disney Food Blog WDW “Cupcake Crawl” sometime in the near future. I figure as long as I’m armed with an empty stomach, insulin & enough friends to share with, nothing will stop me from conquering this calorie-laden challenge. Who’s coming with me?
If you happen to live in a bizarre alternate universe in which you haven’t already discovered the Disney Food Blog, I hope this food tour has made you happy and hungry. Rereading all these posts makes me even sadder that the delay in my Orlando move means I won’t be able to make it to this year’s WDW Foodie Fest after all. I’m going to go boo-hoo into my homemade Avocado margarita…
*Have a favorite tour food or Disney Food Blog post? Let us know in the comments below.